Welcome to the Kansas City Bier Meisters Homebrew Club!
|Everyone is invited to join our FaceBook Group and connect with our local and extended family of homebrewers.|
A huge thank you you to everyone who participated in the KCBM XXXI Competition - to everyone who entered, as well as our volunteers including the cellar staff, judges, and stewards, to our sponsors for all their support and finally to the CWA Local 6360 and Cinder Block Brewery who kindly allowed the use of their facilities.
Results are posted at http://www.kcbiermeisters.org/comp/. Congratulations to all our winners! A special congratulations to our Best of Show Winners: Nathan Briscoe - BOS Beer and Roger Gibson - BOS Mead/Cider, both of which are KCBM members.
Congratulations to local homebrewer Michael Wells who was selected by our friends at Cinder Block Brewery to have his recipe to be scaled up on their 15 BBL system! Michael will get to brew with Bryce and Bucky on Cinder Block's Premier Stainless 15BBL system. The beer will then be put on tap for all to enjoy in their taproom in North Kansas City. We will keep you advised when his beer is on tap?
- Date: April 18, 2014 (3rd Friday of each month, except December and Februrary!)
- Time: Social Drinking begins at 7:00 pm. The meetings start promptly at 7:30 pm.
- Location: Communication Workers of America Union Hall, 6415 Universal Ave, Kansas City, MO
- This Month's Topic: Our own Jennifer Helber, BJCP judge and owner of Grain to Glass Homebrew Shop will be previweing and demonstrating her National Homebrew Conference talk "How Good is Your Grist." She will demonstrate and quanitfy various member's crushed grain to evaluate the effectiveness of your grain mill and its effect on extract efficiency.
- Guests: You are always welcome at our meetings. Come by and have a couple of beers on us! If you want more info about our club, just check out our Club Information link.
May 16, 2014 Topic: Two of our members Michael Crane and Chris Roberts are turning pro. Each is opening a commercial brewery in the near future. They will share their plans and lessons learned. We will also have officer elections.
Revised: Mar 17, 2014 (Steve C)
Annual Dues: (Club Fiscal Year Starts on June 1st each year)
June 2013 membership dues are $24 for both individuals and family membership.